As s businesswoman, I care deeply about my customers. But like anyone for whom you feel affection, 41 can also drive you mad. They’ll come rushing in, 42 their handbag’s been stolen. They’ll 43 that they left it in the changing room, create havoe (混乱) and then 44 it had been in their car all the time. They’ll have out half the 45 in the shop, and want the only style you don’t have left in a 46 colour. I do know how upset the shop staff can get, but I try to persuade them to keep 47 .
I remember the first really 48 customer we had at Covent Garden. She was. 49 absolutely everything, nothing was right and I was rather 50 that she became a “regular". After a while, she 51 for the way she behaved at the beginning. She had split up with her husband the week before, was living in a flat 52 , and since she’d found it too much to cope with (应对), she’d taken it out on 53 people.
That taught me a valuable 54 and I pass it on to the people who 55 in the market. Don’t take it 56 . If a customer is rude or difficult, just think "Maybe she’s had a row with her husband. Maybe her child’s not 57 .” Always water it down and don’t let your ego (自我) get 58 . If you do, you won’ be able to 59 it and the whole thing develops into an unpleasant scene and that 60 everyone’s day.
41. A. shopkeepersB. customersC. salespersonsD. receptionists
42. A. sayingB. pretendingC. guessingD. replying
43. A. agreeB. promiseC. imagineD. swear
44. A. forgetB. decideC. discoverD. assume
45. A. foodsB. cataloguesC. belongingsD. goods
46. A. particularB. differentC. matchingD. natural
47. A. fightingB. smilingC. waitingD. changing
48. A. generousB. politeC. carelessD. difficult
49. A. curious aboutB. displeased withC. patient withD. uncertain about
50. A. relaxedB. delightedC. surprisedD. embarrassed
51. A. searchedB. arguedC. prayedD. apologized
52. A. by chanceB. by herselfC. on purposeD. on duty
53. A. rudeB. suchC. otherD. lonely
54. A. lessonB. trickC. skillD. trade
55. A. workB. shopC. meetD. quarrel
56. A. kindlyB. secretlyC. personallyD. casually
57. A. readyB. awayC. upD. well
58. A. out of sightB. in the wayC. behind the sceneD. above the law
59. A. stressB. expectC. handleD. blame
60. A. ruinsB. makesC. startsD. saves
答案41—45 BADCB 46—50 DABDB 51—55 DBCAA 56—60 CDBCA