It was New Year's night. An aged man was standing at the window. The days of his youth appeared like dream before him, and he 41 the serious moment when his father placed him at the 42 of the two roads: one leading to a peaceful, sunny place 43 with flowers, fruits and resounding with soft, sweet songs, and the other leading to a deep dark cave which was 44 , and where poison
flowed and snakes crawled.
He looked towards the sky and cried 45 Oh youth, return! Oh, my father, place me once more
at the entrance to life and I'll 46 the better way! "But both his father and the days of his youth had 47 .
He saw the lights flowing away in the darkness, and these were the days of his wasted life. He saw a star 48 from the sky and disappeared, and this was the 49 of himself. His 50 , which was
like a sharp arrow, struck deeply into his heart. Then he remembered his friends in his childhood, which entered life together with him. But they had made their way to 51 and were now 52 and happy on this New Year's night.
The clock in the high church tower struck and the sound made him remember his parents' early 53 for him. They had taught him and prayed to God for his good. But he chose the wrong way with 54 and grief so that he dared no longer to look towards the 55 where his father lived. His 56 eyes were full of tears, and with a despairing（绝望的）effort, he burst out a cry:" Come back, my early days! Come back!"
And his youth did 57 ,for all this was only a dream which he had on New Year's night. He was still young though his faults were real. He had not yet entered the deep dark cave, and he was 58 free to walk on the road which leads to the peaceful and sunny land.
Those who still linger on（徘徊）the entrance of life 59 to choose the bright road, remember that when years are passed and your feet stumble（绊倒）on the dark mountains, you will cry bitterly, but 60 ."Oh youth return! Oh give me back my early days! ”
41. A. recorded B. recalled C. doubted D. dreamt
42. A. entrance B. end C. middle D. top
43. A. filled B. covered C. grew D. dropped
44. A. bright B. amazing C. common D. endless
45. A. loudly B. painfully C. happily D. continuously
46. A. abandon B. build C. choose D. change
47. A. washed away B. passed away C. ran away D. broke away
48. A. fall B. rise C. freeze D. shine
49. A. quality B. harvest C. means D. symbol
50. A. sword B. regret C. pride D. feeling
51. A. success B. cave C. failure D. reality
52. A. worried B. deserted C. honored D. frightened
53. A. love B. misleading C. anxiety D. scold
54. A. joy B. heart C. care D. shame
55. A. heaven B. cemetery C. hell D. house
56. A. dried B. darkened C. lighted D. satisfied
57. A. disappear B. remain C. return D. promise
58. A. never B. still C. hardly D. always
59. A. hesitating B. deciding C. refusing D. claiming
60. A. in brief B. in surprise C. in use D. in vain
答案 41—45 BABDB 46—50 CBADB 51—55 ACADA 56—60 BCBAD