Every summer, my parents, my six-year-old brother and I go to stay in a cabin by a lake. I like to 41 sandcastles on the beach, or skim stones 42 the water.
On 15 July this year, I was crawling along the 43 of the lake on my arms and knees,
44 stones to skim, when my hand and knee felt something long and hard 45 in the sand. I pulled it out and saw that it was 46 from the sticks or rocks I 47 find. One end had a point, and the other had a 48 , so I pointed it up to the sky and 49 , Daddy, I've found a sword!"
I felt like a warrior. When Daddy 50 it to an archaeologist, she said it was at least 1,000 years old. 51 , they now think it's 1,500 years old.
This month, the archaeologists finally came to 52 the rest of the lake and they found a brooch（胸针）that is as 53 as my sword, and a coin from the 18th century. Then they 54 the news and I could finally tell everyone at school. I had to give the sword to the local museum−−Daddy explained that it's part of 55 and it's important to share it with others.
People on the internet are saying I am the queen of Sweden, 56 in the legend of King Arthur, he was given a sword by a lady in a 57 , and that meant he would become king. I am not a lady−−I'm only eight−−but it's 58 that I found a sword in the lake.
Now, whenever I go 59 in the lake, I will be looking to see what I can find. It feels like that lake might be a little bit 60 . On that day I felt a little bit magic, too.
41. A. challenge B. observe C. build D. explore
42. A. in B. on C. through D. across
43. A. bottom B. surface C. shore D. bank
44. A. focusing on B. looking for C. taking on D. picking up
45. A. buried B. grown C. discovered D. lifted
46. A. far B. safe C. away D. different
47. A. simply B. directly C. usually D. instantly
48. A. handle B. ring C. rope D. point
49. A. explained B. shouted C. replied D. reacted
50. A. gave B. passed C. showed D. presented
51. A. Luckily B. Hopefully C. Generally D. Actually
52. A. spread B. search C. remove D. sweep
53. A. light B. clear C. old D. strange
54. A. announced B. responded C. mended D. discussed
55. A. physics B. geography C. history D. science
56. A. because B. until C. before D. if
57. A. pool B. lake C. river D. sea
58. A. true B. obvious C. sure D. interesting
59. A. walking B. fishing C. swimming D. sightseeing
60. A. large B. special C. distant D. magic
答案 41-45 CDABA 46-50 DCABC 51-55 DBCAC 56-60 ABACD