Trees have always held much attraction for people. They are the 41._____ and biggest life-forms on our planet and one of the most beautiful. As a direct 42.______with thousands of years of history, trees appear in many religions and have 43._____ artists over the years.
When I was a child I 44.______a science fiction story that made me think about trees in a new way. In the story, 45._____ from an advanced civilization come to our planet and their spaceship 46._____in the middle of a forest. The aliens (外星人) have a long 47._____with the trees of the forest and then leave, 48._____to think that the inhabitants (居民) of Earth are noble, intelligent and peaceful.
Trees 49.______a lot about being part of a community and how cooperation is better for a society than 50._____. Scientists are only just beginning to understand how it all 51.______, but we now know that trees growing together share all of the available resources (资源) with each other. So, strong trees in a good 52._____ will share food and water with 53.______ trees that receive less sunlight. By 54.______, a community of trees makes itself stronger. The 55.______of giant redwood trees, for example, grow together under the ground. It’s as if they are 56.______hands. This means that they are 57.______stronger when there are heavy winds or floods.
We all acknowledge that trees are 58._____ for the environment and the survival of our 59.______. Perhaps they have even more to 60._____ us in the future.
41. A. kindest B. oldest C. heaviest D. fittest
42. A. link B. league C. culture D. agreement
43. A. governed B. sponsored C. inspired D. tricked
44. A. took in B. came across C. set aside D. kept up
45. A. workers B. researchers C. visitors D. invaders
46. A. lands B. drops C. flies D. shoots
47. A. translation B. word C. cooperation D. conversation
48. A. curious B. happy C. desperate D. grateful
49. A. get B. know C. afford D. send
50. A. regulations B. management C. competition D. construction
51. A. learns B. ends C. grows D. works
52. A. position B. manner C. rank D. model
53. A. lower B. slower C. weaker D. cheaper
54. A. pulling back B. bringing up C. fighting back D. teaming up
55. A. branches B. fruits C. leaves D. roots
56. A. holding B. clapping C. waving D. raising
57. A. nearly B. really C. only D. merely
58. A. popular B. suitable C. vital D. normal
59. A. city B. country C. continent D. planet
60. A. offer B. take C. pay D. study
答案 41-45 BACBC 46-50 ADBBC 51-55 DACDD 56-60 ABCDA