A TV series called Fresh Off the Boat is quite popular. Many of my Asian friends 41 it and say that they feel like they can 42 the show. I feel the same.
The show is based on the autobiography（自传）of American food personality （美食界名 人）Eddie Huang. The story is told 43 through the eyes of its 44 character一11-year- old Eddie. The show's title, Fresh off the Boat, which is used to describe new 45 , suggests what the show wants to 46 : As an Asian-American family 47 to live the American Dream, the Huangs are too often seen as "The 48 "or "foreign" by people from the different 49 around them.
The show has been very 50 . Without using stereotypes(老套故事), it has 51 to build well-rounded, dramatic characters that are 52 enough to be from an Asian family. For example, Eddie s mom always pushes her children to be 53 at school. The Huangs don't speak Chinese very well, but 54 it is a quality portrayal( 描绘)of an Asian family.
55 the show is not perfect and this Asian family is in fact very Americanized, the show is easy to 56 . It shows that Asian families are being well described so that they can be known by a larger 57 . This might help more Asian Americans to find their true 58 .
As the show is becoming more and more popular, I am getting to 59 it with more and more of my friends and laugh at the jokes. I hope there are more TV shows like this in the US that really 60 all the cultures together.
41. A. permit B design C. direct D. appreciate
42. A. appeal to B relate to C. apply to D. point to
43. A. potentially B. negatively C. largely D. cautiously
44.A. key B. fair C. anxious D. legal
45. A. immigrants B employees C. managers D. athletes
46. A. blame B expand C. stress D.occupy
47. A. pretending B. trying C. failing D. refusing
48. A. other B. aged C. deaf D. rich
49. A. positions B. destinations C. cultures D. aspects
50. A. complex B. informal C. serious D. successful
51. A. afforded B. forgotten C. managed D. remembered
52. A. discouraging B. embarrassing C. frightening D. convincing
53. A. generous B. excellent C. cheerful D. independent
54. A. in general B in advance C. in secret D. in order
55. A. If B Until C. Because D. Though
56. A. love B. host C. exhibit D. organize
57. A. nation B. committee C. audience D. company
58. A. identity B standard C. theory D. power
59. A. produce B. share C. adapt D. obtain
60. A. evaluate B. mix C. envy D. distinguish
答案 41-45 DBCAC 46-50 CBACD 51-55 CDBAD 56-60 ACABB