You might think having to dial 911 in an emergency would be scary, but really it was OK because I knew what to do. One 41 I was sitting on a rock watching my mom 42 a horse. The next second, she went 43 backward when the horse kicked her. She landed on the ground, 44 , got up on her knees, and held her face in her hands. The horse ran off.
I was in a bit of 45 . I yelled to my mom and 46 if she was all right. She didn't answer. 47 , she ran inside the house. I was scared, but I knew my mom would want me to make sure the horse was 48 . I led him back to the bam. He's not 49 or scary or anything—sometimes accidents 50 happen.
Once I put him in a stall, I ran 51 . My mom did not look OK. I called 911 and told the 52 what had happened. The ambulance came and drove us a short distance to where a helicopter was waiting to 53 my mom to the hospital. In the ambulance, I called my mom's friend, who came and took me to the 54 , too.
I was crying and so 55 and shaking. Would my mom be OK? After 56 and five days in the hospital, she came home. I was so 57 to have her back. She was training 58 again after about six weeks.
Later on, I couldn' t believe it when the government gave me an award for how I 59 the emergency and helped my mom. One thing's for sure. She can always 60 me.
emergency and helped my mom. One thing's for sure. She can always 60 me.
41. A. moment B. line C.zone D. second
42. A. push B. train C. beat D. feed
43. A. approaching B. fighting C. flying D. crashing
44. A. rolled over B. stepped forward C. slipped away D. spread out
45. A. shock B. sadness C. disappointment D. amusement
46. A. responded B. asked C. explored D. comforted
47. A. Thus B. Unfortunately C. Instead D. Actually
48. A. dead B. wild C. heavy D. safe
49. A. mean B. mild C. lovely D. special
50. A. just B. already C. rarely D. rather
51. A. outside B. away C. inside D. off
52. A. operator B. waiter C. doctor D. director
53. A. sacrifice B. bring C. hold D. take
54. A. helicopter B. hospital C. ambulance D. bam
55. A. discouraged B. frightened C. confused D. frozen
56. A. connection B. recovery C. operation D. adventure
57. A. upset B. cross C. happy D. calm
58. A. legs B. knees C. bikes D. horses
59. A. handled B. survived C. instructed D. claimed
60. A. care about B. count on C. get hold of D. look up to
答案 41—45DBCAA 46—50BCDAA 51—55CADBB 56—60CCDAB