Candace Payne's life changed forever in May 2017 when she posted a video of herself laughing crazily and wearing a mask. The video spread widely and “Mask Mom” became a household name.
During the two years since that, Candace has published several books, starred in a TLC. web series and went on tour with Mandisa. She made appearances on late night talk shows, met J. J. Abrams and was able to fulfill a dream of taking her family to Disney World. It was a busy but joyful time.
Her latest book is Consider It Joy. “I feel like people need a tool in their hands to actually get the joy they are fighting for, ”Candace says, “The book can help you keep track of how much space and time you are devoting to things that aren't worth it in comparison to the joy that I know I could have. ”
Getting joy is something that has always been important to Candace. “What the opportunity offered me was not a forced open door,” Candace says,“Many people are trying desperately to push things open when they have to be obedient(顺从的) to the little things. ”
Trusting herself has required being confident in saying no. She uses a simple tool to evaluate whether an opportunity is right to her. Candace says, “I have a balance beam (平衡木)where I'm asked to walk every single day as a mom, a wife, a speaker and an author. There are so many things I need to balance at a time. I have to realize what belongs there and what doesn't. The most important factor is joy. ”
That's the heart behind the book Consider It Joy. “I really wanted to give people more than just advice about joy,”Candace says, “I wanted to give them the ability to actually own it in their everyday life.”
24. What does paragraph 2 mainly talk about?
A. The experience Candace s family had B. The books Candace has written.
C. The reason for Candace's success. D. The changes in Candace’s life.
25. Why did Candace write the book Consider It Joy?
A. To encourage people to say no. B. To lead people to get joy.
C. To teach people to find confidence. D. To help people to become popular.
26. What does the underlined phrase “a simple tool” in paragraph 5 refer to?
A. A beam. B. A dream. C. Money. D. Joy.
27. What will Candace do when she faces an opportunity?
A. Debate it frequently. B. Catch it immediately.
C. Judge it wisely. D. Ignore it determinedly.
本文是记叙文。 Candace Payne重视生活中令人快乐的事。她因戴面具大笑而走红,之后她又写书来引导人们要为快乐而活。
24. D【解析】主旨大意题。文章第一段讲到 Candace走红后,生活从此发生了巨大改变。第二段承接第一段,大致介绍了 Candace最近两年生活的变化。
25. B【解析】细节理解题。根据第三段和最后一段可知, Candace Payne写 Consider It Joy这本书是为了引导人们活得更快乐。
26. D【解析】推理判断题。根据第五段最后一句“ The most important factor is joy”,可知当 Candace面对生活中的种种事情和出现的机会,“是否快乐”就成了她的评判工具。
27. C【解析】推理判断题。第五段介绍到 Candace会以“快乐”当评判工具来应对生活中出现的机会,这说明当她面对机会时,她会明智地作出判断。