After getting "paying-it-forward." several times, I always wish I could buy a coffee for a stranger too.
That particular morning, I 41 in my rearview mirror（后视镜）when I got to the drive-through window to pay. A 42 woman was driving a sports car behind. I could see her gold jewelry shining in the sunshine・"No way does she need me to buy her coffee!" I was quite 43 , but then that 44 shouted in my heart： “Pay for her coffee."
Are you kidding me? I was 45 on cash myself, and I was already feeling guilty for 46 cash on my own coffee. 47 , I told the cashier, "Please put the red sports cars 48 on my bill." As soon as I said it, I felt 49 .I knew I had followed my heart. I paid the server and drove to the parking lot.
50 , the sport car followed. The lady 51 and said, "I don't know why I am telling you this but I need you to know how much I 52 that coffee. " She started to 53 , "our business partner 54 us and left us in the cold. This could not have come at a worse time 55 we lost our son to cancer last month. I thought nobody 56 about us, and then you appeared. Thank you ever so much."
Now I was the one who was 57 tears. We chatted and she 58 me that I gave her much more than a cup of coffee that morning. Next time I am in the drive-through and feel the 59 to pay it forward-there will be no 60 .
41. A. noticed B. watched C.recognized D. glanced
42. A. crazy B. well-dressed C. pale-looking D. cautious
43. A. positive B. passive C. uncertain D. ashamed
44. A. opinion B.idea C. voice D. wish
45. A. loose B. easy C. soft D. low
46. A. wasting B. spending C. giving D. losing
47. A. However B. Instead C. Besides D. Therefore
48. A. price B. debt C. order D. budget
49. A. amused B. regret C. encouraged D. relief
50. A. Unfortunately B. Immediately C. Unexpectedly D. Obviously
51. A. came up B. turned up C.visited D.moved
52. A. appreciate B. expect C. miss D. dislike
53. A. argue B. smile C. complain D. cry
54. A. helped B. cheated C. treated D. defeated
55. A. once B. before C. as D. though
56. A. talked B. heard C. cared D. worried
57. A. sending back B. fighting back C. taking back D. getting back
58. A. advised B. convinced C. astonished D. reminded
59. A. command B. request C. duty D. urge
60. A. hesitation B. debate C. delay D. tremble
答案 41.D 42.B 43.A 44.C 45.D 46.B 47.A 48.C 49.D 50.C 51.A 52.A 53.D 54.B 55.C 56.C 57.B 58.B 59.D 60.A