My cousin is nine years old, a little bit fat and doesn't do really well at school. She is heavily ___41___ ,and thus has developed some resistance and ___42___ towards adults, who usually don't put high hopes in her.
Yesterday we went to an art ___43___ together. There were paintings from kids with disabilities. My little girl has a ___44___eye, for the paintings she liked most were also the best of the show. She voluntarily helped to ___45___ the chairs and table for a sharing session, painted by herself alongside new friends while I attended the sharing, and also ___46___ helped me to get my bag from another room, ___47___ that doesn't happen often at home as she's usually ___48___ to her iPad.
In the afternoon, we went to buy books together. I bought a book written by a mom ___49___ her journey with her autistic( 自闭的) son. On the bus back home, I briefly ____50____ the book to my cousin, and to my surprise she was ____51____ interested. She kept asking me to tell more stories about the boy in the book who ____52____ with small things in life. Even when the subject strayed (偏离) elsewhere, she ____53____ hearing more about this boy. This is the first time I've seen her so interested in a ____54____ . Usually when she talks to me she describes events at school and at home without a ____55____focus. I'm very ____56____ that the life of a ____57____ has found its way into this little girl's heart.
I'm very thankful for the ____58____ of books, for the beauty that my cousin revealed to me, and for the time we had together. I ____59____ that I can keep seeing clearly the wonderful things in her, so that whenever the not-so-kind world puts her ____60____ ,I can remind her how truly wonderful she has always been.
41. A. abusedB. adoredC. challengedD. teased
42. A. satisfactionB. dependenceC. distrustD. appreciation
43. A. exhibitionB. performanceC. interviewD. course
44. A. curiousB. blindC. doubtfulD. sharp
45. A. donateB. rentC. arrangeD. distribute
46. A. finallyB. unwillinglyC. cheerfullyD. secretly
47. A. anythingB. somethingC. nothingD. everything
48. A. adjustedB. gluedC. admittedD. opposed
49. A. beginningB. advertisingC. recordingD. taking;
50. A. sentB. lentC. owedD. introduced
51. A. nearlyB. hardlyC. slightlyD. truly
52. A. strugglesB. playsC. dealsD. lives
53. A. insisted onB. dreamed ofC. worried aboutD. objected to
54. A. paintingB. journeyC. topicD. title
55. A. simpleB. clearC. naturalD. controversial
56. A. touchedB. discouragedC. puzzledD. disappointed
57. A. relativeB. strangerC. travelerD. passer-by
58. A. themeB. contentC. charactersD. power
59. A. prayB. suspectC. agreeD. conclude
60. A. upB. downC. offD. on
【答案】41. D 42. C 43. A 44. D 45. C 46. C 47. B 48. B 49. C 50. D 51. D 52. A 53. A 54. C 55. B 56. A 57. B 58. D 59. A 60. B