Television has changed our lives in many ways. Many people now spend more time watching TV than doing anything else. Researchers has estimated (估计)that when most students leave school they have spent 11, 000 hours in the classroom and 22, 000 hours watching television. 36 ?
Benefits of television ：
1. Television helps us to learn more about the world and to know and see many new things. Television can offer present information to us in a more effective way than books. 37
2. It entertains us. It is an enjoyable way to relax ourselves. For millions of people around the world，television is a source of companionship and helps them to cope with everyday life.
3. It has increased the popularity of sports and arts.
4. 38 In 2000, for example, 1.5 million people in 147 countries watched a TV pop concert and helped to collect more than $$100 million for people in Africa.
1. Television makes us passive (消极的）.39 .
2. It encourages us to buy unnecessary things sometimes. There are many advertisements on television, 40 .
3. It takes time away from activities such as reading, conversation, and games.
4. Some critics ( 批评家)say that television makes people violent. A ten-year study showed that children who watch violent television programmes are more likely to be violent themselves.
A. Television makes us active
B. But what effect does this have
C. It can also make things more memorable
D. We don’t have to think and our brains become lazy
E. however, this kind of advertisement might not be suitable
F. Television has made us aware of our global responsibilities
G. the main purpose of which is to make customers spend money