1. Where does the conversation probably take place?
A. In a library. B. In a bookstore. C. In a classroom.
2. How does the woman feel now?
A. Relaxed. B. Excited. C. Tired.
3. How much will the man pay?
A. $$20. B. $$80. C. $$100.
4. What does the man tell Jane to do?
A. Postpone his appointment.
B. Meet Mr. Douglas.
C. Return at 3 o’clock.
5. Why would David quit his job?
A. To go back to school.
B. To start his own firm.
C. To work for his friend.
6. What does the man want the woman to do?
A. Check the cupboard. B. Clean the balcony. C. Buy an umbrella.
7. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Husband and wife.
B. Employer and employee.
C. Shop assistant and customer.
8. Where did the woman go at the weekend?
A. The city centre. B. The forest park. C. The man’s home.
9. How did the man spend his weekend?
A. Packing for a move.
B. Going out with Jenny.
C. Looking for a new house.
10. What will the woman do for the man?
A. Take Henry to hospital.
B. Stay with his kid.
C. Look after his pet.
11. What is Mr. Stone doing now?
A. Eating lunch. B. Having a meeting. C. Writing a diary.
12. Why does the man want to see Mr. Stone?
A. To discuss a program.
B. To make a travel plan.
C. To ask for sick leave.
13. When will the man meet Mr. Stone this afternoon?
A. At 3:00. B. At 3:30. C. At 3:45.
14. What are the speakers talking about?
A. A company. B. An interview. C. A job offer.
15. Who is Monica Stansfield?
A. A junior specialist.
B. A department manager.
C. A sales assistant.
16. When will the man hear from the woman?
A. On Tuesday. B. On Wednesday. C. On Thursday.
17. What did John enjoy doing in his childhood?
A. Touring France. B. Playing outdoors. C. Painting pictures.
18. What did John do after he moved to the US?
A. He did business.
B. He studied biology.
C. He worked on a farm.
19. Why did John go hunting?
A. For food. B. For pleasure. C. For money.
20. What is the subject of John’s works?
A. American birds. B. Natural scenery. C. Family life.