You may always hear about people who knew exactly what they wanted to do with their life from the time they were in kindergarten. I hadn’t considered lots of career 41 when I graduated from high school. Like most students who earn good grades in math and science classes, I found people 42 me to be an engineer. But all of that changed when I went to my 43 .
I will never forget the feeling of walking into my very first Biology 44 . I nervously found a seat and waited for the type of 45 you see in TV shows, old and strict. What I got was exactly 46 . Dr. Espinoza was a caring and 47 teacher, and two terms of her classes made me fall in love with Biology. Her exciting classes made me 48 that I had other choices besides being a (n) 49 . It meant I was headed for a career in biological research.
50 Dr. Espinoza and many other professors like ,her, I found that scientists aren’t just what you 51 on the National Geographic channel. They are real people who answer real questions and 52 real problems. This led me to seek out 53 to do real science projects and see if I 54 it. While I was at university, I learned how to ask good questions, how to 55 experiments and collect data，and how to share what I learned with people. As it 56 , I loved every minute of it.
Falling in love with 57 was a long process for me, but it led me to a job I love. Like the science itself，my journey toward being a scientist was 58 but helped along by many teachers and professors who 59 me the way. Now, I try my best to learn new things and 60 new knowledge.
41. A. development B. difficulty C. choices D. requirements
42. A. appointing B. forcing C. allowing D, encouraging
43. A. university B. office C. room D. lab
44. A. experiment B. lecture C. test D. teamwork
45. A. agent B. volunteer C. host D. professor
46. A. opposite B. traditional C. typical D. similar
47. A. average B. casual C. enthusiastic D. severe
48. A. realize B. regret C. refuse D. recall
49. A. lawyer B. educator C. scholar D. engineer
50. A. As to B. Due to C. On behalf of D. In spite of
51. A. take care of B. make fun of C. learn about D, search for
52. A. solve B. bring C. raise D. ignore
53. A. concepts B. opportunities C. faith D. ambition
54. A. enjoyed B. doubted C. recommended D. acknowledged
55. A, replace B. predict C. conduct D. copy
56. A. came about B. broke up C. set off D. turned out
57. A. literature B. science C. language D. art
58. A. precious B. smooth C. beneficial D. slow
59. A. promised B. showed C. left D. awarded
60. A. record B. admire C. create D. forget
答案 41-45 CDABD 46〜50 ACADB 51 〜55 CABAC 56〜60 DBDBC