1. They stopped in ______ beautiful place for camping, near _______ farmhouse of the Smiths.
A. a, a B. the, a C. a, the D. the, the
2. We all like watching the TV programme Readers _______ Saturday evening.
A. in B. on C. at D. for
3. Bryan will not want to have _______ to do with horses in the future.
A. everything B. something C.anything D. nothing
4.—— All done! Let’s swim, Martine!
——Swimming! I just _______get used to it in winter.
A. can’t B.shouldn’t C. mustn’t D. needn’t
5.___________ she couldn’t see his face, she could tell by his voice that he was young.
A. Unless B.If C.Because D. Though
6. —— What are you reading?
—— A book about a baseball player. This guy was well __________for his devotion to charity work.
A. enjoyed B. respected C. behaved D.expected
7.—— __________bad news! We didn’t win the 15th Sudirman Cup.
—— It’s a pity.
A. What B.What a C. How D. How a
8. Mrs. White is ________enough to spend her spare time on our maths problems.
A. confident B. curious C. wise D. generous
9.—— I went from a school desk to a ship in my teens.
—— _____________days would you be at sea? Homesick?
A. How long B. How many C. How much D. How soon
10. My grandpa knows the history and medical _______ of many plants.
A. wealth B. price C.value D.cost
11.—— You have a nice car.
—— Thank you. I __________ it for less than one month.
A. bought B.have bought C. had D. have had
12. Mom does all the housework so that Sarah can take the time _______ her words on paper.
A. put B. putting C. to put D. puts
13.—— What do you think of the sofa?
—— Not bad, but it may _________ too much space of our living room.
A. take up B. put up C. open up D. make up
14.—— Excuse me, could you tell me ___________?
—— Well, there’s one on your left.
A. when th e bank opens B. where the bank is
C. how far is the bank D. how can I get to the bank
15.—— Only those who have a lot in common can get along well.
—— _____________. Opposites sometimes attract.
A. I hope so B. I think so
C. I don’t care D. I don’t think so