l. Boys and girls, keep calm and be confident. I am sure all of you are __________ excellent students.
A. an B. a C. /
2. Don't stay inside _______such a sunny morning. Let's go out to enjoy the gentle wind and the sweet flowers.
A. on B. in C. from
3. —The temperature is 30^C today. I prefer staying in to going out.
—It will be _______ tomorrow. The temperature will reach 35^C.
A. colder . B. hotter C. hottest
4. As middle school students, we should ______ to protecting our school environment.
A. make a contribution B. make a decision C. make progress
5. —Which of the two T-shirt would you like lo choose?
—Both. Then I can give one lo my brother and leave _______ lo myself.
A. another B. the other C. other
6. Xi Jinping, our _______ president, paid a visit to Harbin last month, How encouraging!
A. 63 years old B. 63 years' old C. 63-year-old
7. —Hi .Jack! Could you come to our English party?
—Sorry, I _ . I have to look after my little sister at home.
A. must B. could C. can't
8. —I am going to Australia next week.
—The radio says there is going lo he ________ in Australia. Don't forget to take your warm clothes.
A. snow B. snowy C. knowing
9. —I want to travel to the Black Bear Island next weekend.
—Good idea! Make a plan first, _____ you will enjoy more beautiful scenery.
A. but B. and C. however
10. —Shakespeare( 莎士比亚 ）is a great writer ______ is considered as a genius ( 天才 ）.
—I think so. Many people around the world admire him very much.
A. when B. who C. which
11, —Could you tell me where you found Miss Gao just now?
—Certainly. In the principal's office. They ________ happily at that lime.
A. are talking B. have talked C. were talking
l2. Your hearing will be badly hurt _ you always listen to music by earphone (耳机）
A. whether B. where C. if
13. — Look at the man in blue! Do you know _____ ?
—Oh, he is a policeman.
A. what does he B. what he does C. how he does
14 —What are you going to do this Saturday?
—I am going to the old people's home to celebrate Mrs. Green's______ birthday.
A. ninty-ninth B. ninety-ninth C. ninety-nineth
15. Thanksgiving Day is on the fourth Thursday of November. On that day, families and friends often get together to have a big dinner, giving their thanks to God for what they have got. It is a traditional ___ festival.
A. American R. Chinese C. Japanese