1. Why was Carl at the hospital?
A. To see his doctor. B. To look after his wife. C. To visit his daughter.
2. What will Tony do?
A. Support the Liverpool. B. Try to get some tickets. C. Watch the Liverpool match.
3. When did they begin their conversation?
A. At 2:55 pm. B. At 3:10 pm. C. At 3:25 pm.
4. What does the man ask the woman to do?
A. Pick up a package. B. Park her car elsewhere. C. Stop here for a short while.
5. Where are they going to have lunch?
A. In the new cafe. B. In the restaurant nearby. C. In the pizza place.
6. Where does this conversation probably take place?
A. In the bookstore. B. In the library. C. In the classroom.
7. Why does the man ask about fines?
A. He wants to keep the book for three weeks.
B. He is worried he can’t return the book in time.
C. He is going to return the book a few days later.
8. What is the man doing?
A. He’s making a phone call.
B. He’s asking about room prices. C. He’s checking out of the hotel.
9. Why did the phone charge surprise the man?
A. He didn’t make any calls.
B. He didn’t talk with the woman.
C. He didn’t know he owed so much.
10. What lesson should the man learn?
A. Paying the telephone bill on time.
B. Learning about the charges in advance.
C. Asking permission to use the telephone.
11. What does Mary probably do?
A. She’s a worker B. She’s a nurse. C. She’s a traveler.
12. Why is Mary going to work in Australia?
A. She’s going there as a volunteer.
B. She doesn’t like her job in America.
C. She has been sent there by a hospital.
13. Who will pay Mary’s traveling expenses?
A. Her family. B. Her hospital. C. A certain program.
14. What did the woman think of her 40th birthday party?
A. Interesting. B. Disappointing. C. Surprising.
15. What does the woman want this year’s birthday party to be like?
A. Fun. B. Different. C. Simple.
16. What is the possible relationship between the two speakers?
A. Father and daughter. B. Husband and wife. C. Good friends.
17. Who will probably be interested in this introduction?
A. English learners. B. Language teachers. C. Native English speakers.
18. Why do they offer this kind of service?
A. To advertise their video products.
B. To help people improve their English.
C. To help people enjoy different English accents.
19. How can people enjoy the service offered?
A. They can help themselves.
B. They have to ask a librarian.
C. They can get free tips online.
20. What is the speaker mainly talking about?
A. English grammar. B. A free video library. C. The English videos.