一、语法选择（共15 小题；每小题1 分，满分15 分）
阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从1-15 小题所给的A、B、C 和D 项中选出一个最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Many, many years ago most people did not have beautiful books. Some families did not have books at all. The people ____1_____ did have books had only a few.
Instead of ____2_____ books, people told stories. They would remember things ____3_____happened to them and would retell these tales to friends.
Some stories you read in books today ____4_____ to children many years ago by their fathers and mothers. ____5_____ those girls and boys grew up, they, in turn, told their children the same tales.
Sometimes the stories changed as one man told ____6_____. That is why today there are different beginnings and different endings to the same folk tales. You ____7_____ different names for all kinds of characters in the different versions(版本) of the tales. In this way the stories almost seem ____8_____ different ones and not your favorite tales at all.
Some people _____9____ stories. They would suppose ____10_____ things which had happened could not really have happened. Such people became ____11_____ as storytellers.
In many of the tales, animals did the talking. In others, good men came to help bad men.
Strange, exciting things ____12_____. The different ideas made interesting stories.
Some of the early tales, ___13______ them Mother Goose verses were told in rhyme. The poems were learned by boys and girls at home and at school.
What Mother Goose rhymes do you know and remember? Do you think there was_____14____ a Mother Goose? Mother Goose stories and rhymes are ____15_____ good ones that we read and enjoy them today, years after they were first told.
1. A. which B. whom C. who D. when
2. A. read B. to read C. reads D. reading
3. A. who B. that C. what D. where
4. A. tell B. told C. was told D. were told
5. A. When B. Though C. While D. Which
6. A. other B. another C. the other D. the others
7. A. even find B. even found C. will even find D. would even find
8. A. is B. are C. will be D. to be
9. A. made in B. made up C. made of D. made from
10. A. that B. what C. when D. where
11. A. know B. knew C. known D. to know
12. A. happen B. happened C. are happened D. were happened
13. A. in B. of C. among D. between
14. A. real B. really C. to be real D. to be really
15. A. such B. so C. such a D. so many
二、完形填空（共10 小题；每小题1.5，满分15 分）
阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后在16－25 小题所给我的A、B、C、D 四个选项中选
Some British and American people like to invite friends for a meal at home. You should not be upset ____16_____ your English friends don't invite you home. ____17_____ doesn't mean they don't like you. Dinner parties usually start ____18_____ 7 and 8 p.m. and end at about 11p.m.
Ask your hosts what time you should arrive. It's polite to bring flowers, chocolates or a bottle of wine ____19_____ a gift.
Usually the evening starts with drinks and snacks. If you want to be extra polite, say how much you like the room, or the ____20_____ on the wall. But remember－it's not polite to ask how much things ____21_____.
In many families, the husband sits at one of the table and the wife sits at the other end. They eat with their guests.
You'll probably start the meal with soup or something small, then you'll ____22_____ meat or fish with vegetables, and then dessert, followed by ____23_____. It's polite to finish____24_____ on your plate and to take more if you want it.
Did you enjoy the evening? Call your hosts the next day, ____25_____ write them a short "thank you" letter. British and American people like to say "thank you" all the time!
16. A. if B. after C. before D. since
17. A. He B. She C. It D. Its
18. A. from B. between C. at D. in
19. A. for B. like C. as D. with
20. A. clothes B. pictures C. windows D. hats
21. A. cost B. spend C. pay D. hate
22. A. buy B. have C. need D. give
23. A. water B. tea C. coffee D. juice
24. A. everything B. anything C. something D. nothing
25. A. and B. but C. also D. or