第二节：阅读填空（共5 小题，每小题1 分，满分5 分）
It is fun being a vet. ___46___, every day is different! It all depends on what is wrong with the animals that come in.
At my clinic, I work long days on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays, and short days on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays. Sunday is my day off so I can spend some time with my family.
___47___ My clerk opens the door, turns on some music, and makes everyone a cup of tea or coffee. My assistant cleans and feeds the animals. The phones start to ring, and people make appointments. This is a very busy time of day!
At 9 am, pet owners start to arrive with their sick pets. Appointments take up the whole morning.
___48___ I don’t examine any new sick animals. I use these two hours to have lunch and do all my paperwork.
At 2 pm, I start to see sick animals again. At 5pm, three students from a local school who love animals arrive to help out. ___49___ I am always happy to see their smiling faces!
From 5 pm to 7 pm, I continue to see sick animals. Then, at 7 pm we close our doors and the clean-up begins! We tidy the clinic and feed and clean the animals Of course, we also stroke (轻抚) them and give them hugs !Then, we turn off the lights and go home. ____50____
I’m very happy being a vet, though unexpected things sometimes happen!
A. I like it because although it is hard work
B. At midday, I stop for two hours.
C. My day at my clinic begins at 7 am.
D. This is the type of the day I want to have.
E. They are very kind and warm-hearted.
第一节单词拼写（共6 小题，每小题1 分，满分6 分）
51. The young man was b _________ enough to catch the snake.
52. Would you m _________ closing the window? It’s too cold.
53. It’s so cold today that n _________ of us would like to play outside.
54. Have you heard of the n _________? Some foreign teachers will come to our school tomorrow.
55. We must finish the t _________ on time no matter how hard it is.
56. The little child is learning how to c _________ from one to ten.