A friend and I decided to go for a vegetarian dinner today. We went to a nearby restaurant 41 by a beautiful lady, who is really 42 and kind. We ordered our food, which 43 to be delicious and light as usual, and we enjoyed our 44 so much.
We were 45 to ourselves by eating simple, nutritious food cooked with care and love. However, there 46 to be SMILE cards on my person and another greeting card, 47 we decided that this was a great 48 to be kind to someone else too. We used body language to 49 with one of the lovely people who were 50 us, and pointed, winked, gestured at the couple 51 at the next table, and told him that we wanted to pay their 52 . He agreed, and my friend 53 out a beautiful card for them, and we attached a SMILE card as well. We 54 our meal, and both our bill and their bill were given to us, and we paid the money and left. They were to receive the card 55 the bill.
We walked out of the 56 , and my friend wanted to see their reaction without getting 57 . So, we hid from view, and watched as they were smiling with so much joy, and that just made our day. We hugged each other in 58 . for having each other. We 59 found out that the couple had experienced a busy day! Our small act of kindness made them feel 60 . We couldn't stop smiling. It was a special way to end a long day.
41. A. run B. decorated C. reserved D. fixed
42. A. bad-tempered B. absent-minded C. warm D. humorous
43. A. turned against B. turned out C. turned down D . turned up
44. A. story B. party C. behavior D. meal
45. A. kind B. loyal C. careful D. strict
46. A. seemed B. occurred C. happened D. looked
47. A. since B. so C. now that D. so that
48. A. contribution B. achievement C. victory D. opportunity
49. A. chat B. quarrel C. laugh D. joke
50. A. protecting B. accompanying C. serving D. guiding
51. A. standing B. sitting C. lying D. leaning
52. A. drinks B. wages C. bill D.card
53. A. handed B. gave C. pointed D. wrote
54. A. finished B. cooked C.bought D. prepared
55. A. in place of B. in terms of C. in view of D. in honor of
56. A. store B. station C. hotel D. restaurant
57. A. changed B. known C. noticed D. done
58. A. surprise B. gratitude C.shock D. sight
59. A. immediately B. earlier C. later D. suddenly
60. A. abnormal B. colorful C. stressful D. special
44.D文章首句涉及到vegetarian dinner,本题上一句出现了 our food,由此可知本处需要填写meal.
45. A根据下文to be kind to someone else too可知，只有A符合语境。句意是说，我们吃用心、用爱做出的简单营养的食物，以此方式善待自己。
46. C There happened to be为固定的旬型，意为“碰巧有......”，seem表示 “似乎”，look表示 “看上去”，均为联系动词，但均不符合语境，而occur句型为It occurs that....
50. C根据下文“我们告诉他我们要为他们买单”， 由此可知应该是服务员，对应的动词为serve (招待，侍候），故此用serving.
52.C pay one’s bill为固定的搭配，意为“买单”。其他三个选项均与语境不符，下文and we paid the money以及55题中的bill均提供了本题答案信息。
53.D后面的a beautiful card表明应该在上面写字，故此用wrote out.
57.C上文交代了我们是叫服务员将微笑卡送给那对年轻人的，所以离开时肯定是不想让他们注意到。下文的So，we hid from view, and watched也为本题提供了可选择的答案（noticed )的支撑。