Today was Father’s Day. I missed you, Dad! 36 at your photos, I thought of the happy days when you stayed with me. It seemed as if everything had happened yesterday.
I remembered how you taught me to be a person with good 37 , such as honesty, kindness and self-respect. You taught me to enjoy 38 and work.
You taught me about love, as you 39 yours with all seven of us children. But, 40 , I thought of how you taught me of God’s great 41 for his children. You showed the way, by being at church each time the doors were open. I was 42 you, as you led our family in prayer（祈祷）each 43 before going to bed. Through you, I 44 what is truly important in life. I now know that you continue to live through me and I hope I have 45 that legacy（遗产）on to my kids.
I know that your life was not easy 46 you lost your father when you were only two years old. I know that you had to 47 your studies and help your mother. You 48 your responsibilities, as you did in supporting our 49 . Thanks, Dad!
So, parents and 50 to all you Dads, remember that you can have a positive (积极的) influence 51 your children by what you teach them and that they will make a difference in this world.
Children, now it’s time to 52 your love and thanks to your Dad 53 what he does for you. A big hug, a 54 thank you and living a life of purpose, all of 55 will give him more joy, are worth your doing.
36. A. Looking B. Laughing C. Pointing D. Shouting
37. A. energies B. skills C. abilities D. qualities
38. A. rest B. peace C. life D. success
39. A. bargained B. devoted C. shared D. competed
40. A. in all B. above all C. at all D. after all
41. A. pain B. love C. surprise D. beauty
42. A. watching B. waiting C. replacing D. persuading
43. A. hour B. dusk C. night D. noon
44. A. ordered B. advised C. searched D. learned
45. A. passed B. given C. offered D. depended
46. A. if B. though C. before D. because
47. A. pack up B. give up C. rely on D. leave for
48. A. made B. solved C. took D. doubted
49. A. family B. house C. team D. class
50. A. carefully B. wonderfully C. especially D. regularly
51. A. of B. for C. on D. to
52. A. examine B. express C. change D. explore
53. A. in charge of B. in search of C. in honor of D. in return for
54. A. hot B. warm C. strong D. heavy
55. A. which B. them C. that D. what