1. When can the man see the headmaster?
A. At 9:30. B. At 11:45. C. At 12:40.
2. Why does the man want to keep the window shut?
A. He is ill. B. He wants to open it himself.
C. The air inside is fresh enough.
3. What is Mike?
A. A teacher. B. A student. C. A writer.
4. What has made working at home possible?
A. Personal computers. B. Communication industry.
C. Living far from companies.
5. Where is the woman?
A. In a soap factory. B. In her house. C. At an information desk.
6. Where does the conversation most probably take place?
A. At home. B. On a bus. C. In the bank.
7. Why do the two speakers want to buy a car?
A. They have a lot of money. B. The man lives too far away from his office.
C. The woman's office is too far away from her home.
8. Why won't Mr. Stone come to the clinic tomorrow?
A. He can't spare the time. B. The clinic will be closed.
C. Dr. Milton won't come to work.
9. When is the clinic open in a week?
A. From Monday to Friday. B. On weekdays except Thursday.
C. During the whole week.
10. What time has finally been fixed for Mr. Stone to come?
A. 5:30 p. m., Wednesday. B. 6:13 p. m., Wednesday.
C. 6:15 p. m., Thursday.
11. What's the relationship between the two speakers?
A. Neighbors. B. Doctor and patient. C. Friends.
12. When did the woman cough most seriously?
A. In the morning. B. In the afternoon. C. At night.
13. What did the man do for the woman?
A. He examined the woman carefully.
B. He gave her some medicine and some advice as well.
C. He just told her not to worry too much.
14. What's the possible relationship between the two speakers?
A. Husband and wife. B. Friends. C. Strangers.
15. Where does the conversation most probably take place?
A. In a restaurant. B. At the woman’s home. C. At the man's home.
16. What does the woman ask the man to do?
A. Have some soup. B. Have more rice.
C. Bring his wife next time.
17. What did Nicholas do at eighteen months？
A. He began to learn French. B. He read the newspaper.
C. He took telephone messages.
18. Why was Nicholas bored and unhappy at the two schools?
A. He had too much homework.
B. He almost couldn't learn anything special.
C. His teachers often corrected his spelling.
19. Who offered to help Nicholas finally?
A. His classmates. B. His parents. C. A college.
20. What is Nicholas' life like now?
A. Busy without any social life. B. Full but boring.
C. Busy at college and free at home.