Submitting Assignment Online
In order to upload an assignment (work given to students) to the system properly, you must save the assignment using one of the following applications: Microsoft Word, Corel WordPerfect, or Microsoft Excel.
After you complete an assignment, it is important to save your work. This ensures that assignment being uploaded to the system is the most updated version. Your word processing program may attempt to save the assignment to a folder on your computer. We recommend creating a new folder, named after your course, in a location that is easy to remember, such as “My Documents.”
File Name Requirements
Select a file name for the assignment that is easy to remember. The file name must NOT contain spaces. Any spaces used in the file name will prevent the file from uploading to the system. File names using the extensions .rtf, .html, .zip, .jpg, or .exe are NOT allowed.
Assignment Upload Procedure
Make sure you save the assignment using one of the applications previously identified and ensure that it meets the file name requirements described above. When the file is ready to upload, follow these steps:
1. Sign in the system.
2. Enter your address information and click the CONTINUE button. You will be routed to the “Directions” screen.
3. Review the directions and click the CONTINUE button. You will be routed to the “Special Assignment Upload” screen.
4. Click the SEARCH button. The “Choose File” pop-up window appears.
5. Find the location on your computer where you saved your assignment, and select the file.
After you have selected the file, click the UPLOAD button to upload your assignment to the system. Assignment Submission Dates
Assignments must be submitted by midnight on the specified due date. Submit your assignment on time so that it reaches the system on or before the due date. No late assignments will be accepted or marked. Assignments delivered after the due date will not be assessed and will be failed. Please manage your time carefully as family and work demands will not be accepted as excuses for late or non-submissions. Tutors and administrators do not have the authority to grant extensions.
21. Which of the following file names is acceptable for submitting assignment?
A. research paper.doc B. research paper.pdf
C. researchpaper.doc D. researchpaper.rtf
22. Students are advised to save an assignment to a specific folder in order to _____.
A. sign in the system B. remember where the document is
C. choose the appropriate application D. remember the document name quickly
23. If you summit your assignment late, you _____.
A. can have a second chance B. should ask a tutor for help
C. may apply for an extension D. will get a fail for the work