第一部分 听力 （满分30分）略
21.---Brain, did you have a good time during the National Day?
--- ___________ I had to do my homework most of the time.
A. No doubt. B. Why not? C. Forget it. D. Not really.
22. With the popularity of smartphones , the micro blog __________ a good platform for the young to show themselves gradually .
A. becomes B. has become C. is becoming D. became
23. — Were all the three people in the car injured in the accident?
— No, only the two passengers who got hurt.
A. there were B. it is C. there are D. it was
Bears _____ fat stores throughout the summer and fall to have energy enough to last them through their winter sleep.
A. pack up B. build up C. bring up D. take up
______how others react to the book you have just read creates an added
A. Hearing B. Hear C. Having heard D. To be hearing
26. .—Darling, what about accompanying me to see a movie tonight?
— _______ . Actually, do I have another choice?
A. That’s all right B. All right C. I’m all right D. That’s right
27. It is reported that a bus went out of ______ control on a highway ______ south of the city last night.
A. /; / B. /; the C. the; / D. the;/ the
28. If you still remember the ______ time of the accident, please tell us. We would ______ your help.
A. approximate; appreciation B. approximately; appreciate
C. approximate; appreciate D. approximately; appreciation
Dear students, you should keep it in mind that success will favor ______ has a strong will.
A. whomever B. whom C. those D. whoever
30. Some of the heat near the earth’s surface can _____ electricity.
A. use to make B. be used to making
C. use to making D. be used to make
31. “I would rather someday in the future I ______ crying in the back of a BMW instead of smiling on the back of a bicycle.”—it can be seen as the distortion(曲解） of modern values.
A. sat B. would sit C. should sit D. sit
32. ______ you I owe a thousand apologies ______ having doubted your ability.
A. For; to B. For; for C. To; to D. To; for
33. On her birthday, she received from her parents a nice present _____ a note was attached, _____ “We love you so much”.
A. that, saying B. to which, saying C. to which, said D. in which, said
Although modern organic food has become very popular, many people can’t figure out the difference between organic foods and ________ grown foods.
A. contemporarily B.conventionally
C. deliberately D. dynamically
35. Just in front of the temple ________ with a history of 1,000 years.
A. does an old pine tree stand B. stands an old pine tree
C. an old pine tree is standing D. an old pine tree stands
THE CHARM OF CHARITY
A poor young man lost his job and had no one to help him. Helpless, homeless and hopeless, he decided to commit suicide. He 36 all the coins he had with him and bought a ripe banana wrapped in an old newspaper. He opened the packet and started to eat his last food 37 an old beggar approached him. With trembling lips, the beggar told him that he hadn’t had anything to eat for several days and was too weak to walk. The young man felt 38 . So he didn’t eat the banana. 39 , he gave the banana to the beggar. The beggar ate it with great joy and 40__ him. While leaving, the beggar gave him a very old coin, saying, “Thank you very much. You gave me everything you had. Kindly accept this coin as my gift 41 your kindness.”
After the old man left, he 42 glanced at the piece of paper used to wrap the fruit. There he saw a（n） 43 from an agency dealing with old coins. Anyone 44 old coins was invited to visit the agency and receive suitable price for their old coins on the spot. Out of simple 45 , he carried the coin to the agency after 46 it by phone. He showed the coin gifted by the beggar. The person who 47 the agency stared at it and told him in excitement, “What a __48 ! It is very 49 and several centuries old. It is worth a（n） 50 !” Jumping with joy on receiving the 51 amount of money, he searched everywhere to find the old man who gifted him the coin. He wanted to 52 his joy and the money with the beggar. But he could not find him anywhere. Since then, he started a new life with renewed 53 and enthusiasm about the future.
Kindness will be 54 . It always comes back! As William Wordsworth wrote,“ The best part of a good life is the little, nameless, unremembered acts of 55 and love.”
36. A. collect B. spread C. spotted D. donated
37. A. while B. when C. before D. until
38. A. worried B. nervous C. pity D. guilty
39. A. Still B. Thus C. Besides D. Instead
40. A. scolded B. admired C. respected D. thanked
41. A. in search for B. in terms of C. in return for D. in favor of
42. A. carelessly B. purposely C. immediately D. normally
43. A. suggestion B. advertisement C. appeal D.requirement
44. A. possessing B. seeing C. ordering D. deserving
45. A. distrust B. curiosity C. wonder D. hobby
46. A. replying B. repeating C. contacting D. begging
47. A. charged B. consisted C. attended D. managed
48. A. shame B. prize C. surprise D. pleasure
49. A. private B. fresh C. rare D. casual
50. A. value B. fortune C. wealth D. effort
51. A. unexpected B. unlucky C. unlimited D. unnoticed
52. A. hide B. share C. cover D. spare
53. A. wisdom B. chance C. hope D. luck
54. A. changed B. damaged C. lost D. rewarded
55. A. courage B. promise C. memory D. kindness